His Holiness Abune Paulos, Patriarch and Catholicos of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church, passed away last night in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. He was 76 years old.
Archives | In Memoriam
A group of servants and youth from Holy Virgin Mary and St. Pishoy Coptic Orthodox Church in Los Angeles have produced a beautiful documentary concerning the life and ministry of the late Hegumen Father Angelos Youssef who departed into eternal rest on June 30, 2012.
On Saturday, July 7, His Grace Bishop Serapion, the Diocese clergy, and the community bid farewell to the late Father Angelos Youssef of blessed memory, who departed into the heavenly habitations on Saturday, June 30 after many years of faithful service.
With a firm hope in the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, we announce the departure of the blessed servant, our beloved Hegumen Father Angelos Youssef, who reposed in the Lord earlier this morning.
With a strong faith and hope in the Resurrection, we announce the departure of the beloved Reverend Hegumen Father Antonious Younan Soliman, the priest of St. Mary and St. Athanasius Church in Northridge on Monday, June 20, at the age of 85. Father Antonious had lived a full and blessed life of service, being a [...]
With faith and a firm hope in the resurrection, the Diocese offers condolences for the departure of Father Mina Iskander of St. Pishoy Church in Antioch, Tennessee. Although Fr. Mina served in the Coptic Orthodox Diocese of the Southern United States, he received treatment at the UCLA Medical Center for the past two months. Many [...]
With our firm faith in the resurrection of the dead and the life of the age to come, the Diocese of Los Angeles announces the departure of the blessed and beloved hegomen, Fr. Daniel Farag of St. Mina Church in Riverside, on Wednesday afternoon, August 20, 2003. In the morning of this same day, Fr. [...]
With our firm faith in the resurrection of the dead and the life of the age to come, the Diocese of Los Angeles announces the departure of the blessed and beloved Fr. Youhanna Alexander of St. John Church in Covina, on Thursday, August 12, 2004. Funeral services was held on Friday, August 20th, 2004 at [...]
Archdeacon Youssef Ragheb Abdelmalek reposed peacefully on the evening of February 17, 2008. Archdeacon Youssef was born in Egypt on March 8, 1923. He earned a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from Cairo University in 1948. He worked as an Engineer for many years and reached the rank of Deputy Chairmen of the National Organization [...]
Nabil Latif Henein (Fr. Antonious Henein) was born in Egypt on March 1st, 1944. He graduated from Ain Shams University with a degree in Mechanical Engineering in July 1965 and was appointed as an instructor at the same college from 1965 to 1968. He immigrated to California in August 1968. During this period, many Copts [...]
With our firm faith in the resurrection of the dead and the life of the age to come, the Diocese of Los Angeles announces the departure of the blessed and beloved, Fr. Samuel Samaan of St. Abanoub and St. Anthony Church in Corona, on the early Morning of Friday March 2, 2007. Father Samuel Fahiem [...]
Find a Parish
- Orthodox Day of Praise – Saturday, May 18 May 15, 2013
- Pope Tawadros and Coptic Orthodox Delegation in Historic Meeting with Pope Francis May 10, 2013
- Bishop Serapion Joins H.H. Pope Tawadros in Vatican to Meet H.H. Pope Francis May 9, 2013
- Eivilein: How can I order books...
- Blake Jensen: Greetings fellow Christians, As a Latin Rite Catho...
- Sara: Congratulations to Bishop Seraphion!! I do not kno...
- Spiritual Preparedness for Partaking of the Holy Communion June 18, 2013
- Egypt's Brotherhood 'exclusionary political sect': Bishop June 18, 2013
- Egyptian Christians Report Move of God Despite Persecution June 18, 2013
- لماذا لا تكون الأخلاق هي الأساس الوحيد لتقييم الإنسان في النهاية بالثواب والعقاب؟ June 18, 2013
- البابا تواضروس علي ام بي سي : الاقباط احرار فى التعبير عن رأيهم June 17, 2013