Address and Information
1600 S. Robertson Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90035
Saint Mark Coptic Orthodox Church was established in 1968 as the first Coptic Orthodox Church in Southern California. A church building was purchased in 1970, but subsequently damaged by a fire in 1997 and remodeled in 2001.
The parish has been served by many priests, including the late Hegumen Father Bishoy Kamel, Hegumen Father Tadros Malaty, Hegumen Father Kyrillos Dawood, Hegumen Father Arsanious Aziz, the late Hegumen Father Rofail Sobhy, Hegumen Father Felimon Mikhail, and Hegumen Father Louka Sidarous during its first ten years.
More recently, the church has been served by Hegumen Father Bishoy Ghobreial, who was ordained for the church in 1979, and Father Markos Hanna in 1988. Father Michael Gabriel joined the church in 2002 while Father Raphael Hanna arrived with the late Archdeacon Youssef in 2003.
The church celebrated its 35th anniversary in 2005 during His Holiness Pope Shenouda III’s visit to California.