The past month will be remembered as a unique time in the history of the Diocese in light of the various elevations and ordinations that have taken place. For those who missed the news, here is a summary:
Elevation of Metropolitan Serapion
Announcing the Consecration of Two Auxiliary Bishops
Elevation of Four Hegumens
- Hegumen Father Shenouda Ghattas (March 10)
- Hegumen Father Mauritius Mikhail (March 13)
- Hegumen Father Isaac Boulos and Hegumen Father Dr. John Paul Abdelsayed (March 14)
Ordination of One Presbyter
- Father Jonah Labib (March 13)
Elevation of One Archdeacon
- Archdeacon Macarius Paul (March 14)
In total, therefore, His Eminence has announced the consecration of two auxiliary bishops for the Diocese, God willing, and laid hands and elevated or ordained four hegumens, one presbyter, and one archdeacon in the span of one week.
May God continue to add joy upon joy to our Diocese through the prayers of His Holiness the Pope, His Eminence the Metropolitan, and our newly elevated and ordained fathers in Christ.