The Samalout Diocese in Al Minya, Egypt is currently looking for fluent English-speaking teachers to help with the English Dept. of a newly established private school. Housing and extra money for food and necessities are provided. This position is a great opportunity for those interested in education and child-development and want to make a difference in a developing community.
New Testament School—Samalout, Egypt
School start on September 18, 2010 – TBA(Mid May, 2011)
Sunday- Thursday from 7:30AM-2:30PM
- Prepare materials for class activities.
- Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations in English, Science, or Math.
- Execute extracurricular activities to strengthen students’ English as a second language.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records, and prepare reports on children and activities.
- Confer with parents, administrators, and professionals to develop individual educational plans designed to promote students’ educational, physical, and social development.
- Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students’ behavioral and academic problems.
- Create and present workshops for the English Department.
Earned a bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited university.
Provide a U.S. Passport or be able to obtain a visa to live in Egypt for 8 months.
Have at least one-year experience with children between 4-17 years old.
Experience may be in the form of a Sunday-School teacher, tutor, mentor, teacher’s assistant, childcare provider, or any position related to direct work with children.
Samalout Diocese: http://www.samaloutdiocese.com/main_ar_english.html
Living accommodation: http://www.samaloutdiocese.com/deafet_elra7alat.html
School (while it was under construction): http://www.samaloutdiocese.com/elmadares.html
Santa Verena Charity, Inc.